This tutorial assumes you have already
- Read the Pre-requisites
- Downloaded the latest Forge MDK
- Setup your mod folder as described at the top of the main Forge 1.14.4 tutorials page
- Read and followed 1.0 - Gradle Configuration
- Chosen IntelliJ from 1.1 - Importing the project into your IDE
- Open build.gradle as a Project by going to
Menu > Import > build.gradleor
File > Open > build.gradle > Open as Projectto switch if you are already working on another project
- Use default settings
Personally I uncheck
Create separate module per source set
- Wait for build sync to download everything and finish
This will take a while as Forge downloads everything and sets up your modding environment.
- Refresh gradle project
- Run the task
genIntellijRunsto generate the run configs to run minecraft
- Go to the Run Configurations menu and fix (set the module of) your
Save your changes
All of these run configs launch minecraft.
runClientlaunches the minecraft client
runDatalaunches minecraft in a special mode that only does the bare minimum required to automatically generate json files like recipes and blockstates.
runServerlaunches the minecraft server
- Run the game
When asking for help make sure to include your console log.